Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
TYPE: Program | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Dirt trails, sidewalks and streets | DISTANCE: Approx. 13-14 mi | COST: $30
Walk Description: Are you interested in hiking and curious about what’s involved in a multi-day trip. Join us for this 13 mile loop through the front range. We will start and finish in Downtown Morrison, Colorado. From our starting point, we will walk to the beautiful Red Rocks Amphitheater, then hike up and over the ridge of the hog back, then to the top of Green Mountain. From there we will head south through neighborhoods towards Bear Creek State Park and trek back into Morrison. We will stop a few times along the way to rest and take in the wonderful views. During our breaks, I will be speaking about things to consider when hiking long distance day trips, overnight trips, and multi-day trips. I will bring and show the equipment that I choose to use as well as offer other options and resources to consider.
*Caution – Please note that many of the trails in which we will be walking are home to rattlesnakes. It is important that we stay on the trails and do not venture off.
General list of what will be covered:
Food and Drink: Because we will spend a majority of our time on trails, PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND PLENTY OF WATER. I will have some snacks to share with the group, but make sure you are eating enough as we will expending a lot of energy. After our time together, I invite everyone to join me and celebrate our time together at the Morrison Inn (Hopefully the rooftop deck if the weather is nice).
Walking Movement Leaders: Your leader for this trip will be Dustin Ratcliff. He is a professional member/owner of Walk2Connect. Dustin is an experienced hiker and loves exploring new trails. He also enjoys walking, exploring and learning about new communities. He hopes to help grow the ‘Life@3MPH Movement’ and help others experience some of the whole-health benefits and pure joy that he receives from walking.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at The Cow an Eatery in Downtown Morrison, CO.
316 Bear Creek Ave. Morrison, CO 80465 at 8 am.
Cost/Tickets: The cost for this walking experience is $30.
Life@3MPH Champions receive 10% off. Be sure to use your code. Not a champion, Click here to join today!
– Dogs are discouraged on this trip. We love it when our furry friends join us, however this particular trip poses some challenges. It will likely be a hot day and the distance will be about 13 miles, so I am concerned with them overheating. Also, much of the terrain in which we will be walking is prime territory for rattle snakes. A curious dog that steps off the trail could be very dangerous.
– Accessibility: Some of the trails are single track and quite steep which makes it very difficult for strollers and wheelchairs, please be VERY mindful of the distance (13-14 miles).
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing, light backpack for extra layers, rain gear, lots of water, sunglasses/sunscreen and a hat. Remember, it will be likely be hot (few spots will have shade) so we encourage non-cotton clothes, and maybe a rag, sweat band or towel soaked with water to keep cool. Hiking boots or trail shoes are encouraged.
– Restrooms will be available at Red Rocks Amphitheater. We will also be able to fill up our water bottles. Please use the restroom before we start.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call one of the organizers below to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 3355 Hudson St. #7226 Denver, CO 80207 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative)
Dustin Ratcliff – (480)329-3344 – firstname.lastname@example.org
9 people are attending Wild and Urban Adventure (Intro to overnight and multi-day hiking trips)
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]