Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Friday, repeating until December 22, 2017
TYPE: STSP Weekly x4 | PACE: 3+MPH | TERRAIN: Trail | DISTANCE: Approx. 3-4 mi |
Walk Description: This series of 4 Fitness Walks will kickstart the weeks leading up to the Holidays. We will be pumping our arms, working with heart rate zones and possibly a small take home challenge. All fitness levels are welcome. This walk is intended to keep us all moving between the holidays.
Walking Movement Leaders: Sarah Schwallier is a proud Member/Owner of Walk2Connect. Sarah is a personal trainer, certified in sports nutrition, nature walking life coach & TED Talk addict. Her hope is to help grow the ‘Life@3MPH Movement’ and help others experience some of the whole-health benefits, energy and pure joy that she receives from walking.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet outside the College Hill Library in Westminster at 9 am. We’ll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. If you are going to use the restroom please plan to show up before 9:00 am. We leave NO LATER than 9:10 am. We should be done walking no later than 10:10 am. You can of course leave early if you need to.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the trials are cracked and bumpy. We can also adapt the route so the group is on quieter neighborhood sidewalks.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the School before we go (the Library doesn’t open until 10 on Friday so come early). Please plan to use restroom beforehand. We usually don’t break on this one.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
RSVP: You register for this walk by:
A) Going through our North Metro Walkers, Meetup Page.
B) Emailing or calling SarahS (at) walk2connect (dot) com, 616.490.3118.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]