Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
TYPE: W&T| PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalk, some grass/dirt trail, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 2-3 mi |
Walk Description: How about a fun amble through City Park West that does three great things: 1. Connects you with a great neighborhood and each other, socially, 2. Supports our wonderful partner, Sand Creek Regional Greenway Partnership and 3. Supports Walk2Connect’s co-Founding Member, Chris Englert? We’ll meet at Denver Bicycle Cafe, go on an amble through City Park West, and then grab a drink afterward to support the Sand Creek Regional Greenway Partnership. One dollar from each beer purchase goes to the Sand Creek Regional Greenway Partnership, and you can also purchase The Best Urban Hikes: Denver, directly from the author, which features three urban hikes along the Sand Creek. Thanks to Denver Bicycle Cafe for sponsoring this event.
Walking Movement Leader: Chris Englert, Founding Member of Walk2Connect Co-op, lives off the Sand Creek and frequently leads walks on it and throughout Denver. She features this trail in her book, The Best Urban Hikes: Denver. Keep an eye out for her new ebook about walking all of Denver’s 78 Neighborhoods.
Schedule, Planning: We will meet at 3:30 at Denver Bicycle Cafe. We encourage you to bike, walk, or ride transit to the Cafe. We’ll head out no later than 3:45 for a 2-3 mile amble through City Park West, returning to the Cafe to share a beer.
No dogs on this walk, sorry.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– One dollar from every beer purchased at Denver Bicycle Cafe will go to Sand Creek Greenway Partnership.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
RSVP: You register for this walk by RSVP’ing here or by emailing or calling Chris at 303 507 7280 or chris (at) walk2connect.com.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Follow Chris at @urbahikingDEN for all things Denver, or @eatwalklearn for global walking adventures.
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]