Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Monday, repeating indefinitely
TYPE: STSP Weekly | PACE: Gentle/Conversational | TERRAIN: Broken/Small sidewalks, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 2 miles
Walk Description: Welcome to the Monday morning walk at Walsh Manor and Walsh Annex! This walk is in partnership with the Denver Housing Authority and takes residents, neighbors, and newcomers on a fun and casual walk through parts of Denvers’ Ruby Hill and Athmar Park neighborhoods. The walking route (usually!) leaves Walsh Manor 5-10 minutes after 11:00 am, stops by Athmar Park Branch Library and heads to Huston Lake Park. The walk will return to Walsh Manor after a small break at the park. You should plan to arrive back to the starting location at 12:00-12:30 pm. Please come very flexible as many of our participants are on wheelchairs or use walkers. This is generally a gentle paced walk traveling 1-2 miles per hour.
Walking Movement Leader: Phyllis (pictured front center) and Greg (backwards had/striped shirt) have been Walking Movement Leader with Walk2Connect for over a year and they are wonderful hosts! She can only be reached by phone, so please feel free to call her with questions.
Schedule and Nearby Transit: Meet just outside the main entrance of Walsh Manor which is the tall apartment building on the South side of W Mosier Place. Plan to leave around 11:05-11:10. Please be flexible with the leaving and finishing time. Bus 11 and 14 stop just a block (or right in front of) the starting location.
– Dogs are allowed on this one but please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets. Phyliss has a lot of experience navigating this area, so please feel encouraged to join!
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are available at Walsh Manor; however, we strongly advise that you use the restroom before joining.
– Cancellation Policy: These walks are often canceled due to weather and other circumstances. Please get in touch with Phyliss if you are concerned about the walk being canceled.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
RSVP: You register for this walk by contacting Phyliss at: (720) 569-9181. You may also call Denver Housing Authority Service Coordinator, Sinead Palmer at: 720.956.3843 (leave a message if she does not answer and she will work to get back to you w/in 24 hours).
Use our DHA Maps to Find Route! This walk mostly follows the RED route. Click to get larger image.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
In Partnership with:
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]