Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Monday, repeating indefinitely
TYPE: STSP Weekly | PACE: Gentle/Conversational | TERRAIN: Broken/Small sidewalks, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 2 miles
Walk Description: Welcome to the Monday morning walk at Walsh Manor and Walsh Annex! This walk is in partnership with the Denver Housing Authority and takes residents, neighbors, and newcomers on a fun and casual walk through parts of Denvers’ Ruby Hill and Athmar Park neighborhoods. The walking route (usually!) leaves Walsh Manor 5-10 minutes after 11:00 am, stops by Athmar Park Branch Library and heads to Huston Lake Park. The walk will return to Walsh Manor after a small break at the park. You should plan to arrive back to the starting location at 12:00-12:30 pm. Please come very flexible as many of our participants are on wheelchairs or use walkers. This is generally a gentle paced walk traveling 1-2 miles per hour.
Walking Movement Leader: Phyllis (pictured front center) and Greg (backwards had/striped shirt) have been Walking Movement Leader with Walk2Connect for over a year and they are wonderful hosts! She can only be reached by phone, so please feel free to call her with questions.
Schedule and Nearby Transit: Meet just outside the main entrance of Walsh Manor which is the tall apartment building on the South side of W Mosier Place. Plan to leave around 11:05-11:10. Please be flexible with the leaving and finishing time. Bus 11 and 14 stop just a block (or right in front of) the starting location.
– Dogs are allowed on this one but please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets. Phyliss has a lot of experience navigating this area, so please feel encouraged to join!
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are available at Walsh Manor; however, we strongly advise that you use the restroom before joining.
– Cancellation Policy: These walks are often canceled due to weather and other circumstances. Please get in touch with Phyliss if you are concerned about the walk being canceled.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
RSVP: You register for this walk by contacting Phyliss at: (720) 569-9181. You may also call Denver Housing Authority Service Coordinator, Sinead Palmer at: 720.956.3843 (leave a message if she does not answer and she will work to get back to you w/in 24 hours).
Use our DHA Maps to Find Route! This walk mostly follows the RED route. Click to get larger image.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
In Partnership with:
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]