Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
An event every week that begins at 5:30pm on Monday, repeating indefinitely
TYPE: STSP Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalk | DISTANCE: Approx. 2.5 mi |
Welcome to Walk2Connect’s Utah Park’s weekly! We have quite the variety of new and friendly participants including a host of inviting and welcoming regulars. This walk is relaxed, casual, and fun as we explore Utah Park in Aurora, Colorado. Come to make new friends while getting the mind, body, and spirit moving at the pace you were built to.
Walking Movement Leader: Leslie Brown is an avid walker. She walked most of the 71 mile High Line Canal in 2017 and is an active community member in Denver and Aurora.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 5:30 pm just just in front of the Utah Park indoor pool complex. We’ll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. If you are going to use the restroom please plan to show up before 5:30pm. We will walk around the park at least once if not twice and possibly take a few different routes in the neighborhood every once in awhile to keep it interesting. We should be done walking no later than 7:30pm. You can of course leave early if you need to. There is plenty of parking within the park.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are available at the pool complex.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) Going through our Aurora Ambles Meetup page or B) Emailing or calling Leslie (her info is provided below)
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH