Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
An event every week that begins at 12:15pm on Thursday, repeating until November 30, 2017
TYPE: STSP Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Urban, Some Incline, Paved + 1 block of green space | DISTANCE: Approx. 2 mi
****Back to our Fall & Winter start time****
Walk2Connect hosts a FREE get-out-and-move opportunity every Thursday leaving from Governor’s Park on 7th Avenue between Logan & Pennsylvania. Starting at 12:15pm, we’ll walk through a beautiful Cap Hill neighborhood and explore green spaces, too.
Come out and explore Denver by foot, meet a new friend, or just clear your mind so you can start the day refreshed. You can count on Walk2Connect trips for a fun, easy-going, communal and social on-foot experience. This is also a great way to meet other ‘daily’ walking friends nearby.
– Mileage: ~2
– Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience.
– Difficulty: Easy
– Terrain: (Urban/Residential) Mostly sidewalks. Approx. 1 block of green space (unpaved).
– Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 12:15pm near the Governors’ Park sign at 7th & Logan, make introductions, answer any questions, and lightly warm up. We’ll stroll for 45-60 minutes. You can of course leave early if you need to!
– Parking: Ample street parking on 7th, Pennsylvania, and Logan.
– Cost: FREE!
– Social dogs welcome on a relatively short leash as we often pass many people and dogs on our route.
– Weather: Mornings start cool but you could end up warm by the end of the walk. Layering and a water bottle are great for keeping comfortable.
– Breaks, Restrooms: Port-a-potties at the park, but planning restroom before arrival is recommended (trader joe’s, across the street, may have public restroom).
– Cancellations: Rain or shine. Will cancel if lightning/thunder or hail. Notification will be made through Meetup, or via email if you’ve contacted me directly.
As many of you know, Colorado Ramblers is a part of Walk2Connect, a Colorado based social enterprise and we’re excited about ALL of our walking opportunities. Please sign-up for our emails and check back to our trip schedule on our main website for other walking trips on the calendar. You can also follow us on Facebook here.
– Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
– Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
– Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
– Bring (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case.
I hope you’ll come out to enjoy this unique opportunity to connect with one another, ourselves, and our surroundings.
Feel free to contact me at if you have any questions:
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]