Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
An event every week that begins at 12:15pm on Thursday, repeating indefinitely
TYPE: STSP Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Urban, Some Incline, Paved + 1 block of green space | DISTANCE: Approx. 2 mi
****Back to our Fall & Winter start time****
Walk2Connect hosts a FREE get-out-and-move opportunity every Thursday leaving from Governor’s Park on 7th Avenue between Logan & Pennsylvania. Starting at 12:15pm, we’ll walk through a beautiful Cap Hill neighborhood and explore green spaces, too.
Come out and explore Denver by foot, meet a new friend, or just clear your mind so you can start the day refreshed. You can count on Walk2Connect trips for a fun, easy-going, communal and social on-foot experience. This is also a great way to meet other ‘daily’ walking friends nearby.
– Mileage: ~2
– Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience.
– Difficulty: Easy
– Terrain: (Urban/Residential) Mostly sidewalks. Approx. 1 block of green space (unpaved).
– Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 12:15pm near the Governors’ Park sign at 7th & Logan, make introductions, answer any questions, and lightly warm up. We’ll stroll for 45-60 minutes. You can of course leave early if you need to!
– Parking: Ample street parking on 7th, Pennsylvania, and Logan.
– Cost: FREE!
– Social dogs welcome on a relatively short leash as we often pass many people and dogs on our route.
– Weather: Mornings start cool but you could end up warm by the end of the walk. Layering and a water bottle are great for keeping comfortable.
– Breaks, Restrooms: Port-a-potties at the park, but planning restroom before arrival is recommended (trader joe’s, across the street, may have public restroom).
– Cancellations: Rain or shine. Will cancel if lightning/thunder or hail. Notification will be made through Meetup, or via email if you’ve contacted me directly.
As many of you know, Colorado Ramblers is a part of Walk2Connect, a Colorado based social enterprise and we’re excited about ALL of our walking opportunities. Please sign-up for our emails and check back to our trip schedule on our main website for other walking trips on the calendar. You can also follow us on Facebook here.
– Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
– Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
– Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
– Bring (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case.
I hope you’ll come out to enjoy this unique opportunity to connect with one another, ourselves, and our surroundings.
Feel free to contact me at if you have any questions:
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]