Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
TYPE: Program | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalks and streets | DISTANCE: Approx. 5-6 mi | COST: $20
Walk Description: Let’s take happy Hour to the streets! What better way to wind down after the work week than a walk and a beer? We partnered with Strange Craft Brewery in the Sun Valley Neighborhood to create a unique, informative and super fun loop through 5 Denver neighborhoods that starts and ends at Strange Craft Brewery. As we wander, we will look at the history as well as the changes in the various neighborhoods and speak about multiple points of interest. We will end our walk back at Strange Craft Brewery where the first beer of your choice (or soft drink) is included with the walk. They have a great beer garden out back with games (if you want to play) where we can relax and celebrate our time together. There will also be a food truck available if you are hungry.
Food and Drink: Food truck and available at Strange Craft. 15 beers on tap and more in bottles
Walking Movement Leaders: Your leaders will be the dynamic duo of Dawn Kirkwood and Dustin Ratcliff! They are both professional member/owners of Walk2Connect. They enjoy walking, exploring, and learning about their communities. They hope to help grow the ‘Life@3MPH Movement’ and help others experience some of the whole-health benefits and pure joy they receive from walking.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at Strange Craft Brewery (1330 Zuni St. Suite M. Denver, CO 80204) at 6 pm. Please arrive early if you want food, drink or need the restroom before we start. We will leave no later than 6:10 pm so please call or text Dawn or Dustin if you are running late or lost. We will do the best we can before 6:10 pm to help you connect with us. There are restrooms available at Strange Craft.
Cost/Tickets: The cost for this walking experience is $20.
Life@3MPH Champions receive 10% off. Be sure to use your code. Not a champion, Click here to join today!
– Unfortunately no dogs on this one. We will be on busy sidewalks and crossing major streets for the majority of the walk.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, please be mindful of the distance (5-6 miles). We will be on sidewalks (some broken and uneven) and streets for the majority of the walk.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing, light backpack for extra layers and water, sunglasses/sunscreen. Although it will be summer, the sun will be going down, so it may get cool. Remember, we will mostly be on hard surfaces, so wear comfortable shoes.
– Restrooms will be available one place throughout our walk. Please use the restroom before we start.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call one of the organizers below to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 3355 Hudson St. #7226 Denver, CO 80207 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative)
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]