Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
TYPE: STSP Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Some hills, paved & unpaved trails | DISTANCE: Approx. 2.75 mi |
Walk Description: Join us for a 1 hour walk through the Conservatory Green Neighborhood of Stapleton, the Northfield Mall, and Northfield Pond Park. Come join us for a fun, easy-going, communal and social on-foot experience to start your day. This is also a great way to meet other ‘daily’ walking friends nearby.
EXPECT TO MAKE SOME FABULOUS CONNECTIONS!
– Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 7:00 am in front of the Northfield Starbucks and we’ll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and to lightly warm up. If you are going to get coffee please plan to show up well before 7:00AM as we will leave NO LATER than 7:05 am. We should be done walking no later than 8:10am. You can of course leave early if you need to!
-There will be plenty of parking throughout the parking lot.
-We will be doing a loop going back to our starting location.
-Please be sure you are confident your dog can handle 2-3 miles and cooler temps when walking in Fall and Winter and insure that your dog is calm, well behaved and MUST stay leashed. Please be sure to bring baggies to scoop poop.
-There will only be one place where we can use the restroom so please plan to use restroom before you leave home OR before the walk at Starbucks.
-Consider Bringing: Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!), light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit), gloves, scarf, beanie, camera, sunglasses & sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
-Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case.
-Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
RSVP: You can register for this walk by going through our Colorado Ramblers Meetup group linked here. Or you may also email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Sponsored by: Northeast Transportation Connections (NETC)
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]