Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
TYPE: W&T | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalks, Roads, Parks/Trails, Broken Sidewalks | DISTANCE: Approx. 4 mi |
What is your purpose? How can you use that knowledge to better serve your community? This is what we will ponder during our Nia/Purpose Kwanzaa Walk in Montbello on Decemebr 30th, 2017. Kwanzaa is a 7 day African American Holiday that addresses the path that African Americans must begin to follow in order to find true economic and social health after hundreds of years of great challenges. Nia, the day of purpose falls on the 5th day of Kwanzaa and pushes the focus inward to ponder what it is we were put here to do. During this walk we will carry signs, clap hands or play drums to let the community know that the spirit of Kwanzaa is alive and well. We’ll meet back at the library at 3 O’Clock and have a short Kwanzaa Ceremony honoring this day of Nia/Purpose!
Walking Movement Leader: Monticue Connally is an African American herbalist, diviner, soul singer and lyricist with a heart for his community. You can learn more about Monticue’s work by following Jiridon Apothecary on Facebook here.
Meeting Location & Bus Routes: Montbello Branch Library Parking Lot at 12955 Albrook Dr. Denver, Co 80239. Nearest routes are the 42 and 45 dropping off on Albrook.
– Sorry, NO dogs are allowed on this walk.
– Accessibility: This walk will take place mainly on thin sidewalks. There will be some street crossings with poor accessibility. Please contact Monticue with route questions.
– Wear/Bring: Dress warm! It might be cold. Bring water and a hat/cap, extra layers, gloves, a scarf, waterproof shoes/boots if there’s snow.
– Restrooms are only available at the beginning and end of the walk at the library.
– Cancellation Policy: We will only cancel the walk portion in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning. The discussion portion is rain-or-shine.
– Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
RSVP: By RSVP’ing below, by contacting Monticue, or by simply showing up!
For questions contact Monticue below.
In partnership with Jiridon Apothecary and Northeast Transportation Connections:
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]