Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Tuesday, repeating until November 30, 2017
TYPE: STSP Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalk, some dirt trail | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 mi
Walk Description: Welcome to Walk2Connect’s Montbello Same Time Same Place walk! We are a fun group of parents, energetic walkers of diverse backgrounds (women and girls only for this one!) who invite you to come walk with us. Come to make new friends while getting the mind, body, and spirit moving at the pace you were built to. Everyone is welcome and if you’re a GirlTrekker, come on out!
Walking Movement Leader: Pam Jiner (pictured left) is a GirlTrek Neighborhood Leader. A thirty year resident of Montbello, who loves Colorado outdoors. Pam enjoys walking, running, biking, hiking and most outdoor sports. Mother of three sons and grandmother, Pam now gets to enjoy spending time with people, walking and talking.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 6:00 pm on the corner (at the 4900 Crown Blvd Central Park sign) at Montbello’s Central Park. We’ll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. Please come prepared to walk, as no restrooms are available. We leave NO LATER than 6:10 pm. We should be done walking no later than 7:15 pm. You can of course leave early if you need to. There is plenty of neighborhood parking.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Please plan to use restroom beforehand. We usually don’t break on this one. We move casually throughout the streets.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
RSVP: You register for this walk by emailing or calling Pam Jiner at pamjiner (at) yahoo.com 720-620-5735. This is a cell so feel free to text if you like.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]