Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
An event every week that begins at 5:30pm on Wednesday, repeating until April 30, 2017
TYPE: Weekly (April) |PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalk trail |DISTANCE: Approx. 2.5 mi |
Walk Description: This is an excited new route for Aurora Ambles April Debut walk series! This walk will include the Toll Gate Creek trail, a lot of open space on a concrete trail. There is a Native American burial site in this area dating back to 640A.D. We meet weekly and will extend our route if the group has time and the weather is being nice.(This walk will repeat every Friday for the month of April as part of our Aurora Amble’s Debut Walk Series. If you’d like to consider leading this walk in the future please RSVP for our June 14th Walking Movement Leader Training here.)
Walk Leader: Hi, I am Robbin Mitchell. I really started walking about 3 years ago after being injured and laid up for 4years. I have found my joy for nature and nurture walking with other people. I’m also the Co-Captain of the Aurora Amble Walk2Connect Regional Team.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: Park by the Rec Center. We’ll meet in front of the Rec Center and go over Walk2Connect goals & safety and leave no later than 5:30pm. We’ll return no later than 7pm unless the group decides together.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We will be crossing major streets, please be mindful.
– Wear/Bring: Mosquito repellent, comfortable socks & walking shoes, a light backpack for snacks and water, and layers/protection for the seasons weather.
– Restrooms are only really available at the beginning before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
-We move casually approximately 2-3mph.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online“Welcome Waiver” (http://walk2connect.wpengine.com/welcomewaiver) or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) our Aurora Amble meetup or B) call or text R0bbinmtc@gmail.com 303-596-8342
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emailshere (http://eepurl.com/XPdKH)
2. Keep checking our main event calendarhere (http://www.walk2connect.com/events)
3. Follow us on Facebook here (http://www.facebook.com/walk2connect)
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here (http://walk2connect.com/community/champions/)
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here (http://walk2connect.com/community/walkingmovementleaders/)
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]