Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
TYPE: Program | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalks and streets | DISTANCE: Approx. 5-6 mi | COST: $30
We’re doing it again, but this time with a twist: Glow in the dark, improv games, and a beer to celebrate!
Walk Description: Let’s take Happy Hour to the streets! What better way to celebrate the height of the holidays than with a walk and a beer? We partnered with Strange Craft Brewery in the Sun Valley Neighborhood to create a unique, informative and super fun loop through 5 Denver neighborhoods. As we walk we will light up the night with all of our glow gear. We encourage you to bring any clothing with lights, glow materials, or anything else that would be fun. We will have glow sticks for folks that don’t have any or if you want extra. We will talk about the history as well as the changes in various neighborhoods and speak about multiple points of interest. We will also stop a couple times throughout the walk where Maria will guide us through some improv games as a group. We will end our walk back at Strange Craft Brewery where your first beer (or soft drink) is included with your ticket for the walk. We can all gather as a group, share a drink and celebrate our time together. There will also be a food truck available if you are hungry.
Why improv? ‘Cause its FUN! Improv encourages spontaneity, curiosity, creativity, joyfulness, and gets your brain firing! And that’s just for starters. Come learn how improv gets you in the moment, connects you others and with your environment, and improv(es) the way you walk in the world! Let’s PLAY! Bovine Metropolis Theatre has graciously offered a coupon for a FREE Intro to Improv class for all those who attend this walk. Woo hoo!
Food and Drink: There will be a variety of beers and soft drinks to chose from at Strange Craft. Farmer Joe’s Food Truck will be available before and after our walk. They serve fresh soups, salads, sandwiches and more. Click the link for more details https://www.facebook.com/farmerjoesfoodtruck/
Walking Movement Leaders: Your leaders will be Dustin Ratcliff and Maria Rosa Galter. They are both member owners of the Walk2Connect Cooperative and truly enjoy sharing their experiences with others. They love walking, exploring, and learning about various communities. They hope to help grow the ‘Life@3MPH Movement’ and help others experience some of the whole-health benefits and pure joy that they receive from walking. Maria is a graduate of the Bovine School of Improv. Find out more about them and our other member owners here: http://walk2connect.com/our-member-owners/
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at Strange Craft Brewery (1330 Zuni St. Suite M. Denver, CO 80204) at 5:30 pm. Please arrive early if you want food, drink or need the restroom before we start. We will leave no later than 5:40 pm so please call or text Dustin or Maria if you are running late or lost. We will do the best we can before 5:40 pm to help you connect with us. There are restrooms available at Strange Craft and will be available at least one other place on the walk.
Cost/Tickets: The cost for this walking experience is $30.
Life@3MPH Champions receive 10% off. Be sure to use your code. Not a champion, Click here to join today!
– Unfortunately no dogs on this one. We will be on busy sidewalks and crossing major streets for the majority of the walk.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, please be mindful of the distance (5-6 miles). We will be on sidewalks (some broken and uneven) and streets for the majority of the walk.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing, light backpack for extra layers and water. It will be dark and more than likely cold, so please bring enough layers, winter hat, gloves, etc. Remember, we will mostly be on hard surfaces, so wear comfortable shoes/boots.
– Restrooms will be available at Strange Craft and there should be a porta-potty at Mile High Stadium. We will also walk by a gas station toward the end of our walk. Please use the restroom before we start.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call one of the organizers below to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 2590 Walnut St. #77 Denver, CO 80205 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative)
Dustin Ratcliff – (480)329-3344 – email@example.com
Maria Rosa Glater – (720)810-2837 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]