Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Saturday, repeating until August 31, 2017
TYPE: Weekly |PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: some dirt and some sidewalk trail |DISTANCE: Approx. 2-3 mi |
Walk Description: This is an excited new route for our Aurora Ambles region! This walk will include Expo Park, High Line Canal, and nature walk along Exposition partly through Windsor Gardens. We meet weekly and will extend our route if the group has time and the weather is being nice.(This walk will repeat every Saturday for the month of April as part of our Aurora Amble’s Debut Walk Series. If you’d like to consider leading this walk in the future please RSVP for our June 14th Walking Movement Leader Training here.)
Walk Leader: Hi, I am Robbin Mitchell. I really started walking about 3 years ago after being injured and laid up for 4years. I have found my joy for nature and nurture walking with other people. I’m also the Co-Captain of the Aurora Amble Walk2Connect Regional Team.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We meet at the Expo Park Rec Center on Exposition. We’ll go over Walk2Connect goals & safety and leave no later than 10:10. We’ll return no later than 12 unless the group decides together.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We will be crossing major streets, please be mindful.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & walking shoes, a light backpack for snacks and water, and layers/protection for the seasons weather.
– Restrooms are only really available at the beginning before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
-We move casually approximately 2-3mph.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online“Welcome Waiver” (http://walk2connect.wpengine.com/welcomewaiver) or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) on our Aurora Ambles Meetup page or B) call or text R0bbinmtc@gmail.com 303-596-8342
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emailshere (http://eepurl.com/XPdKH)
2. Keep checking our main event calendarhere (http://www.walk2connect.com/events)
3. Follow us on Facebook here (http://www.facebook.com/walk2connect)
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here (http://walk2connect.com/community/champions/)
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here (http://walk2connect.com/community/walkingmovementleaders/)
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]