Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
TYPE: Program Long Distance | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalks and streets | DISTANCE: Approx. 11-12 mi | COST: $35
Walk Description: To celebrate the seedier side of Denver’s history, join us as we walk the “Gateway to the Rockies.” We will explore the famous Colfax Avenue and dig into the rich history of one of the most interesting roadways in America. We will share provocative tales of scandal, seduction, and infamy that helped shape the character of the most infamous street in Colorado.
Points of Interest: We will Take the 15 bus east from Capitol Hill to the Billings stop near the Anschutz Medical Center. Some of our main stops will be:
Lunch: We will be stopping at the delicious El Chalate (Salvadorian and Mexican Restaurant) for lunch in the East Colfax neighborhood. Dawn and I will be eating lunch there and would love for you to join us. There is also a Wendy’s nearby and you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you prefer.
Walking Movement Leaders: Your leaders will be the dynamic duo of Dawn Kirkwood and Dustin Ratcliff! They are both professional member/owners of Walk2Connect. They enjoy walking, exploring, and learning about their communities. They hope to help grow the ‘Life@3MPH Movement’ and help others experience some of the whole-health benefits and pure joy they receive from walking.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at Pablo’s Coffee 1300 Pennsylvania St. ste 102 at 7:30. Please arrive early if you want coffee or need to use the restroom. We will leave no later than 7:50 am, so please call or text Dawn or Dustin if you are lost or if you are running late. We will do the best we can before 7:50 am to help you connect with us. We will walk to Colfax to catch the 15 bus to the Billings stop.
Cost, Tickets & Tips: The cost for this walking experience is $35.
Life@3MPH Champions receive 10% off. Be sure to use your code. Not a champion, Click here to join today!
– Unfortunately no dogs on this one. We will be on busy sidewalks and crossing major streets for the majority of the walk. We will also be going into multiple buildings that our furry friends are not allowed.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, please be very mindful of the distance (11-12 miles). We will be on sidewalks (some broken and uneven) and streets for the majority of the walk.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing , light backpack for extra layers and water, gloves/scarf, cap or hat, rain gear, and sunglasses/sunscreen. Remember, we will be walking on concrete for 11-12 miles, for about 7 or 8 hours, so please wear comfortable shoes.
– Restrooms will be available at multiple places throughout our walk including Pablo’s Coffee where we are starting.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call one of the organizers below to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 3355 Hudson St. #7226 Denver, CO 80207 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative)
9 people are attending East Colfax Wicked Wander
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]