Welcome to our Colorado-based walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
TYPE: Walk & Talk| PACE: Gentle| TERRAIN: unpaved trail| DISTANCE: Approx. 1 mi| COST: Free
Walk Description: Welcome to our Earth Day Adventure! We hope to inspire all the little adventure seekers with some fun in the sun and dirt. This will be a very basic walk with LOTS of stops to keep all of the kiddos interested and engaged. We will learn about bugs, habitats and do some Earth Day Adventure crafts! ** Dress Up is strongly encouraged. Let them be creative and wear whatever they want (it’s rare we ever allow that). These superheroes, wizards, indians & princesses will tromp their way around a 1 mile loop. We will have activities and fun stops along the way. A change of clothes/shoes is alway recommended.
Walking Movement Leader: Sarah Schwallier is a proud mama to an adventurous 6 year old, ted talk addict and nature lover. She is one to always inspire, always encourage and always accept a good challenge. As a health and wellness coach, she is driven to energize others toward a well balanced healthy life.
We will meet at 10:00 am at ***Location Change: KETNER LAKE (W 104th Dr & Countryside Dr).
You can park on the street between Witt Elementary and the lake or just park at Witt Elementary school and walk over. We will be at the gate across the street from Witt on the Lake side.
I apologize for any inconveniences. Parking is an issue at McKay and I don’t want this to be a stressful occasion.
We will meet by the trailhead outside the gate across the street from Witt Elementary. We will have some activities for the kids to warm up so we can leave at 10:05.
We should be done exploring no later than 11:00 am. Feel free to pack a lunch or snacks and we can enjoy a picnic afterwards. You can of course leave early if you need to.
– Please leave the dogs at home so we can be sure to engage our little ones and inspire our appreciation and love for nature. The nature of the dog and duck chase can be explained another day.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind this is partly through a dirt trail. Double strollers fit snug and we always figure out a way to make it work.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Please use the bathroom before you arrive! There will not be any facilities at the Lake. There are lots of trees, however.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) Going through our North Metro Walking Meetup or B) Emailing or calling Sarah (at) strideslifecoaching (dot) com, 616.490.3118. In the event of extreme CO weather, we will cancel the event. However, a little wind or snow hasn’t stopped us before.
Types of Walking Trips:
Same Time, Same Place [STSP]: Free weekly or monthly community-based walks.
Walk & Talk [W&T]: Free walks with themes or topics.
Program [PRGM]: Outcome-directed walks that may include: hosted stops, program partners. Fee-based.
Special Events [EVENT]: Private walking events.
Long Distance [LD]: Half day, Full day, or Multi-day walking experiences. Fee-based.
Walking Movement Leaders [WML]: Walking Movement Leader Training and events.
Champion and Partner Events [3MPH]